Version 8.02 of Saral TaxOffice software has been released on 04 May 2013. The release notes are provided here for the reference.
Click here to visit the Software Download page.
Release Note for Saral TaxOffice
- Form 16 update as per new format for F.Y. 2012-13
- Budget changes for A.Y. 2014-15 incorporated
- For Assessee other than companies Surcharge at the rate of 10% is calculated in case the Total Income exceeds Rs. 1 crore
- Section 87A: Rebate of income tax in case of certain individuals - An Individual resident whose total income does not exceed Rs 5,00,000; Deduction is allowed - max upto Rs. 2000
- Domestic companies – Surcharge
- @ 5% if the Total Income exceeds Rs. 1 crore but does not exceed Rs. 10 crore
- @ 10% if the Total Income exceeds Rs. 10 crore
- Surcharge on DDT @10%
- Other Sources - Sec 115A: Tax on royalty - changed from 10% to 25%
- VIA Deductions
- 80C – An option is given to "Apply 15% of sum assured" for certain category of persons.
- 80CCG - The limit of gross total income for claiming deduction has been raised to Rs 12 lakhs from existing Rs 10 Lakhs.
- New Section 80EE: Interest on loan taken by an Individual for residential house property - Deduction up to Rs 1 Lakh id provided.
- 80G - Donations made to the National Children’s Fund, 100 % deduction is allowed. Earlier only 50% deduction was allowed.
- 80GGB & 80GGC - No deduction shall be allowed under this section in respect of any sum contributed by way of cash.
- Incase return of income is filed with tax payable the same will be regarded as defective. So this will be shown as error while e-Filing the IT return.
- ITR – In Balance Sheet screen - Total of 'Sources of funds' and 'Application of funds" are shown with difference highlighted in red color.
Details of Version 8.01 is available here >>