Version 6.11 of Saral TaxOffice software has been released on 13th October 2011. The release notes are provided here for the reference.
Click here to visit the Software Download page.
Release Note for Saral TaxOffice
- As you all are aware that service tax e-filing is made mandatory. To make it simple, we have re-designed the service tax module wherein you can file service tax return similar to Income tax e-return filing.
Emphasis is given to security aspects even though time is very short to make changes. We have not compromised on quality and security. Full module is done in software itself and no shortcut are used like excel sheet etc.
Steps for e-filing:
- Assessee and premise details screen – Go to premise details tab in file menu- Enter the User name and password given by ACES for return filing.
If the assessee is not registered with department click on link provided – "New users to click here to register with ACES in e-Transanction Menu"
If Assessee has not given e-mail id to the department earlier, they have to submit the information in Annexure-A given in reference menu – blank forms to obtain user name and password.
- Click on Premise details tab in Assessee and premise details screen and enter details- To make it easy we have given link to ACES website, so that users can fetch assessee details directly to the software.
Further now it is specified to give 10 digit alphanumeric premise code in premise details, To make it easy we are downloading and giving premise code, provided user had already entered user name and password in assessee master. Users have to click on the button provided next to premise code number to download the same.
- To make ST3 Entry easily accessible we have provided the link to entry screen next to Assessee name.
- Interest calculation/Challan entry given in transaction menu.
- After completing ST3 Entry, Click on ST3 e-return link select appropriate premise code, period, and periodicity and generate e-return.
- As committed always we have given error/warning screen wherein deficiencies can be identified and sorted out before filing e-return.
- Once the return is generated it is automatically stored on the basis of date and time at defined path, users can also store it at some other path.
- After e-return is generated it can be filed using submit e-return button. In ACES website, select appropriate Return Type, original or revised before submitting.
- Reports of ST3 and Computation are given in Report menu, wherein the users can re-check figures before filing.
- Backup and Restore can be done from client system using Bulk Backup/Restore.
- File updation will happen from client system also.
Details of Version 6.10 is available here >>