Version 5.03 of Saral TaxOffice software has been released on 30th April 2010. The release notes are provided here for the reference.
Click here to visit the Software Download page..
In our sincere effort to give value added service to user and to make the product user friendly following changes have been made. We have also put our best effort in updating the changes in the ITR form in least possible time.
Release Note for Saral TaxOffice
- Limited Liability Partnership (LLP) status included (applicable from F.Y. 2009-10)
- PAN Validation Improved at PAN entry points, giving less scope for errors.
- In Label Report – File No. and email ID are made optional.
- SARAL II (ITR 1) – Paper Return for A.Y. 2010-11 enabled. (In Computation for ITR 1 (One) House property & Other sources except non recurring income is included, Agriculture income is removed, incase ITR 1 has any loss to be carried forward message is prompted to change to ITR2)
- If user has wrongly chosen the ITR1 instead of ITR2 the software will prompt user to change to ITR2 and it will be done with a click of a button
- In Business section – Detailed information of allowance and disallowance 43B are captured. (Computation report is also updated)
- PAN Validation improved at PAN entry points, giving less scope for errors.
- In STCG and LTCG screen – Clear all option is provided [except for Deemed STCG/LTCG].
- In Other sources section – “Interest - Others” entry is provided and Computation report is also updated in this regard
- In Assessee selection grid, search option (similar the one in Saral Office main screen) is provided. Now search can be done on the basis of client ID, Client Name or File Number.
- MIS Details (Filing and Refund details) link is provided in status bar so that user can enter details at ease.
- Limited Liability Partnership (LLP) status included (applicable from F.Y. 2009-10).
- In Computation Report – Annexure to Interest U/s. 234A, 234B & 234C is provided.
- Carry forward of Losses is restricted for some section incase return is filed late
[This is provided optionally to accommodate the following circular
“If Return of income is submitted after the due-date, the delay may be condoned if a few conditions are satisfied circular no. 8/2001, dated May 16, 2001”.]
- In Business section - FBT is removed from A.Y. 2010-11
- In Computation Report – in salary annexure perquisites valuation details are provided.
- In LTCG & STCG Year of acquisition date validation given (changes applicable from A.Y. 2010-11).
- Changes to 234A calculation: Changes done in 234A calculation by applying following Judgment
self assessment tax paid before due date’ is deducted from ‘net tax considered for Interest’, so that interest 234A is avoided from calculation.
Case law: Self Assessment tax paid before the due date and return submitted after due date. - Interest would not be payable in a case where tax has been deposited prior to due date of filing of income-tax return even if return of income is filed after due date of furnishing such return - CIT v. Dr. Prannoy Roy  179 Taxman 53(SC). It is not open to Assessing Officer to charge interest under section 234A where the assessee has paid due taxes and merely filing of income tax return is delayed.
- Provision is given to capture joint auditor details in assessee information screen (for companies) & the same is printed in Schedule VI Balance Sheet and Profit & Loss report.
- Expression editor is provided in Tools menu.
- Previous year’s Reserves & Surplus data entry is provided.
- Net Purchase/Consumption option is made available for Companies
- In Schedule Numbering screen ‘Auto set’ option is restricted for Companies
- Import & Export option is provided to copy Taxable amount charged to Service tax payable.
Details of Version 5.02 is available here >>