Below is the step by step procedure of filing Income Tax Return with your digital Signature:
- Prepare your Income Tax Return and Generate XML.
- Save XML file in your favourite location [Say Desktop].
- Connect your digital Signature Certificate - USB Token to your System.
- If not registered, Register Assessee PAN at http://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in
- Login to Income Tax eFiling website.
- Click on" Submit your Return" for Respective ITR Form..
- Select the XML file saved on your computer.
- Click on "Digitally Sign" button and select respective digital signature from USB Token.
- Click on "Submit" button". It will verify the return and signature, then will show ITR-V with Acknowledgement number.
- Take the printout of ITR-V and keep it for future reference along with Paper printout of complete return form.
**Digital Signature should be a valid certificate and should be on the name of "Authorised Signatory" of the Return.